Old Pirate

Old Pirate

Thursday, June 24, 2010

English Novel On The Tamil Eve

    23 June 2010 it was the day which my city will never forget ,the starting day of  The World  Classical Tamil Conference started and the entire city is in festive mood although most of them has no clue about the conference and everyone is trying to praise the language in their own way even  my bengali neighbour started to sing the promotional song of the conference and yet i found myself searching for an English novel in a secondhand book shop well this is not the first time i visit the place but still i find it unusual my friends used to say that i spend time there because of the place the shop is at , the most glittering spot of the city but now i proved them wrong the street was empty no girls walking on the way which is really unusual and still i find the place interesting and was looking at the books may be because books was my concern and not the girls .The White Tiger is what i picked yes the novel that won the booker prize the shopkeeper offered me a new one yet i liked the torn old one so that i can spend less i always believe books never grow old so here i am spending the last hundred bucks from my wallet and i walked back home with the book in my hand and smile on my face adding a  new one to my small collection . like every other addict to social network the first thing i did was updated my status on the FB website even before starting on the novel but the comments was not what i expected most of my friends are not impressed with Mr Adiga .but still i planned to move forward with it and let me see how this one goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment